Livna.org gone?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Nov 6 06:25:22 UTC 2005

Am Samstag, den 05.11.2005, 21:09 -0600 schrieb Jay Moore:
> On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 19:13 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>
> > > But, isn't there a way to add mirrors instead of changing the base url?
> > You can use something like this:
> The "mirrorlist=" spec apparently refers to a URL that has a list of
> URLs that are "baseurl's" - is that correct?

Correct.

> If so, why doesn't livna publish a mirrorlist URL?

See earlier in this thread in the mail from dams; you'll find

mirrorlist=http://rpm.livna.org/mirrorlist

there. But as you might notice, this currently does not work, too,
because rpm.livna.org is (still) down.

I prefer to hard-code my mirrors with a fall-back (like livna.repo
sample I send out earlier). I know which mirror is reliable and near to
me -- and if it's down it skips to the next.

There is also a yum plugin that automatically finds a fast mirror -- but
the plugin can't know if that mirror is fully up2date.

CU
thl