FC3 daily yum.cron reports repomd.xml broken, how to repair and prevent?

Rhesa Rozendaal perl at rhesa.com
Sun Nov 6 21:08:05 UTC 2005

Danny Terweij - Net Tuning | Net wrote:
> From: "Rhesa Rozendaal" <perl at rhesa.com>
>
>>/etc/cron.daily/yum.cron:
>>//var/cache/yum/base/repomd.xml:1: parser error : Document is empty
>
>>How the hell did that happen, and what should I do to prevent it from
>>happening again, and what should I do to repair it?
>
> do :
>
> # yum clean all

Thanks Danny, that did do the trick.

> Repeat every time before u use yum update.

The funny thing is I never do use yum! This is run from cron, as set up out of
the box, and never touched by any of us.

> This is a known error that many users have. Although fedora dont think it is
> at there side but at our side (users).
> So keep coming with such reports to convience redhat fedora team that this
> is a serious problem.

Now that you got me started, yes, yum is ever so slightly braindead...

No, on second thought I'll be saving my rants for the Hates-Software list. I
still need an answer to my oom-killer question ;)

> Danny.

Thanks again.
Rhesa