VNC - getting a black screen on FC4

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 7 04:44:43 UTC 2005

find your vnc/xstartup file...

i use/start gnome... this allows me to have gnome instead of the default
x-window...

my version looks like this:

[root at lserver2 ~]# ls .vnc/xstartup
.vnc/xstartup
[root at lserver2 ~]# cat .vnc/xstartup
#!/bin/sh

# Uncomment the following two lines for normal desktop:
# unset SESSION_MANAGER
# exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

[ -x /etc/vnc/xstartup ] && exec /etc/vnc/xstartup
[ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
vncconfig -iconic &
xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &

gnome-session &
#twm &