Yum disaster! DELETED mysql!

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 20:32:55 UTC 2005

Nat Gross wrote:
> Yep. I assumed that -y was for updates only.
> Anyhow, how do you go about without the -y option? Sit and wait for 50
> updates? (I must admit, all the time I save with -y is out the window
> today.)
> -nat

No. When you issue "yum update" without the -y flag, it will ask you
/just once/ whether you want to "continue" with the updates, after
listing /all/ of the updates that it will put forward. If you don't want
a package updated, tell it /not/ to continue. Then issue the command
"yum exclude [such-a-package] update."

Temlakos