Yum disaster! DELETED mysql!

Nat Gross nat101l at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 21:12:04 UTC 2005

Thanks for the pointers on Smart.
Now that I will rethink my update strategy, it might be time to make life
easier. (oh no, not again!)

Can either Yum (reconsidering it since as you point out -y ask ONCE for all
updates/DELETIONS [ahem]) or Smart use a single nfs mounted cache for all
FC3 stations on the lan? Currently each FC3 station (well, <=5 stations) on
my lan has a couple of gig of yum cache, in addition to the extra download
time. Why not share the rpm's from one nfs mount, even though each machine
is configured with completely different feature sets?

Thanks;
-nat