WiSH X10 Device Drivers?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Tue Nov 8 06:00:39 UTC 2005

Chris Spencer wrote:

> I noticed the WiSH drivers for X10 home automation devices
> (http://wish.sourceforge.net) don't appear to be normally included in
> any distributions, including Fedora. Is there a reason for this? Is
> WiSH still too immature, or are X10 devices too exotic to include
> support for? What's the general procedure on getting device drivers
> included in Fedora?
>
> Chris

If it doesnt require patches and is a standalone software, you can
package it in Fedora Extras

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras

If it requires patches, encourage the developers to submit it  and get
it included in the upstream project. For the kernel the procedure is
documented in

http://lxr.linux.no/source/Documentation/SubmittingDrivers

regards
Rahul