SUID and SGID security concern

Aron Levy alevy at globalwebtek.com
Tue Nov 8 13:39:44 UTC 2005

Hi good morning,

I got some questions about the SUID and SGID attributes. I'm running a
web server with Apache and FC3, and I was asked to eliminate this
attributes to the files that don't need them to work properly.

Certainly, the list of files that use these attributes is not short, and
i'm not sure which one of those can work without them. I'm not pasting
the list here, but I can do it if you want.

If anyone can give me some advise on this matter i'll be very thankful.

Thanks in advance!

Aron L.