Problem adding new user...

Guillou Erwan erwgu at guilcom.dyndns.org
Tue Nov 8 20:48:02 UTC 2005

Hi,

Once you have add the user account, did you check that /home/user was really
existing?

Maybe you have to create it... usually I specify all options for this useradd
command to force shell, directory name, comment.

Else, did you look in log files why login fails ?

You can look in /var/log/secure or auth something name file.
You may find some explanation for the failure.

Under root account you can also try su - user.
It should not ask for password but it will launch a login shell.

Hope it will help,
Regards

--
Guillou Erwan (GUILCOM)