/usr/bin/artsd

LinuxMedia linuxmedia2 at netscape.net
Tue Nov 8 22:07:53 UTC 2005

 >> i always get this process automatically. I am not sure how it was
 >> started and what for. I noticed that if this process starts. the
 >> gnome-menu panel gets a very slow response.
 >>
 >> is it ok to stop this and how?
 >>
 >> /usr/bin/artsd -F 10 -S 4096 -s 60 -m artsmessage -l 3 -f

 > KDE Control Center, turn off "sound system".

Don't know if it's related, but when I start the music player "noatun",
I get...
/usr/bin/artsd -F 10 -S 4096 -s 60 -m artsmessage -c drkonqi -l 3 -f

Not only is my "sound system" shut off in the KDE Control Center, it's
even "locked down" so it can't be restarted. Yet the artsd command still
shows up when I start noatun.

Rocco