cursed nvidia fedora my lack of knowledgeness

Gilboa Davara gilboada at netvision.net.il
Wed Nov 9 10:18:19 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 15:54 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> Errr, just because it leaves the cursor at the top doesn't mean
> it forces you to type there.  The idea is to read your way
> though first, which would ordinarily involve moving the cursor
> to scroll the screen.  Then think carefully, then answer,
> deleting the parts that won't be interesting when someone else
> reads it again.

I assume that you posted a reply before reading the rest of the thread.
The issue has been resolved; as it requested by the charter of this
mailing list not to top-post, I will accept this guideline, even if I
don't agree with it.

> In business conversations, top posting seems to be the norm
> because you generally have a quick turnaround and remember
> what was said but leave it as an audit trail just in case.
> On mailing lists you should expect every post to be seen
> out of context by many people and it is very awkward
> to (a) read backwards to follow the conversation, and (b)
> figure out what part of a reply goes with what part of
> the previous message.

Down the thread you'll find the reason why I find bottom post to be
useless.
Never-the-less, as I said, as I don't piss in someone's home, I  will do
my best not to top-post in FC mailing list.
(And will continue doing it, in other mailing list, where this is no
strict rules against it....)

> I don't get how moving the cursor to an appropriate
> position before typing can be that much of a pain.
> Don't you have a mouse or arrow keys for that?

Again, I'd suggest you read down the thread.
The problem is not having to scroll down just to type something, the
problem is that I have to read 900,000 lines of useless junk just to
find the a single line answer.

> --
>   Les Mikesell
>     lesmikesell at gmail.com