Large emailbox & Evolution/Dovecot = slow

Patrick fedora at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 9 13:14:15 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I use Evolution and IMAP with Dovecot on an updated FC4 system. Dovecot
uses its included config. My mailbox is now about 76 megs and rapidly
growing because of the various high-volume mailing lists I'm subscribed
too. Over the last couple of weeks I have noticed that the
responsiveness of Evolution/Dovecot is deteriorating. Anyone have any
idea how I can optimize this setup so I get a decent performance again?

Thanks and regards,
Patrick