Question on how to extract Fedora core 4 with win rar

Neil Cherry ncherry at comcast.net
Thu Nov 10 01:06:26 UTC 2005

Michael Wright wrote:
> Morning all
>

> I'm a first time user with fedoracore 4 I've downloaded he iso disc 1 disc
> 2 disc 3 disc 4 and the rescuecd disc, question i'm asking is how can i
> extract the file using win rar. so i can burn a copy for my owe use. also
> what is the command line for the update when your in root area...

If the files end in .iso , you don't. They're meant to be burned
directly to CD (or DVD if you have the larger DVD image). I don't
think rar can extract .tar.gz, .tgz, .tar.bz2 or .tbz files
either (if that's what you have). I think winzip can, I know it
handles .tar.gz and .tgz files.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               (Text only)
http://hcs.sourceforge.net/                     (HCS II)