FC4 device permission issues

jbmukund jampala mukund.misc at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 09:09:12 UTC 2005

Dear Fedora Team,
I have noticed my Flashmedia based block driver not working properly
on FC4. Where as i am able to format the floopy driver.

ISSUE is: I am not able to format the Block device file using any of
the mkfs* commands.

But, I am able to mount, read/write & dd the device file.
Udev created the my flashmedia device file with following permission
brw_r_ _ _ _ _.

I was also successfull in changing the device file permissions to
'777', ower using the the "/etc/udev/rules.d/fm.rules" file.

But Still I am not able to format the card and it says: permission
denied. But, at the same time I have no such issues with the same
driver working on the FC3 dist.

Can some help me out on this?

Regards,
Mukund Jampala