HELP Intel 945 MotherBoard and F3 install

Reg Clemens reg at dwf.com
Thu Nov 10 20:08:42 UTC 2005

HELP

I have a new machine here with a P4 and an Intel D945Gnt
Motherboard. This MB is supposed to be the latest and greatest
has SATA, Ethernet, Audio and Video all on the MB.

However, when trying to install Fedora3, Fedora DOES NOT see
the SATA controller (well it doesnt see the SATA disk, while
the BIOS sees it fine).

I installed a ATA disk and proceeded, hoping that there would
be driver upgrade available.

However, Fedora3 INSTALL does not seem to see the ETHERNET either
(that is, with the ethernet cable connected, it doesn't ask the
ethernet questions, name, ip, etc).

Thats a more serious problem.

---

And so my questions...

    (1) Has Intel upgraded the SATA hardware so that the driver
in Fedora3 Install does not recognize it?  Is there an upgrade in
the Fedora3/updates ?  And what about Fedora4, I havent pulled that
down so It will take a while to try that experiment.

    (2) And the ETHERNET.  I cant believe that THAT driver has
changed too.  Has it?

Or is there something else that I might be missing???

This is a day where EVERYTHING seems to be going wrong, Mumph.
Never had problems like this before, even with bleading edge hardware.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com