To upgrade, or not to upgrade? Fc3 to FC4

Kahn Seidl mkseidl at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 11 04:36:46 UTC 2005

Well, I have been using fc3 since its final debut, and I love it.  But, now
that IBM has released the Cell SDK for FC4... I have to consider it.

I know I can use yum to update, but, how does that compare to a fresh
install?  I know with windows, doing an upgrade is, well... pretty crappy.
But, i am unfamiliar with how linux works to this respect.

And... I had problems with gcc 4... is this something I can fix in the code?
    I had problems compiling things on fc4 when they worked fine on fc3 the
last time I tried it on a seperate partition.

Thanks,
Martin