FC4 yum: no mirrors with "failovermethod=priority"

Jonathan Rawle gmane at jonathanrawle.co.uk
Sat Nov 12 14:08:01 UTC 2005

I've disabled the mirrorlist= lines in my yum.repos.d because it was using
mirrors as far away as Japan and so was taking a long time to update.

Instead, I have picked a selection of local mirrors and listed those under
baseurl=, with the main Fedora server as a last resort.

To ensure it uses the fastest mirror first, and that it doesn't use the US
server, I've added:

failovermethod=priority

This behaves correctly in that it uses the first mirror on the list.
However, if there is an error on the first mirror, it doesn't attempt to
contact subsequent mirrors, and just exits with an error. Has anyone else
found this?

Jonathan

--
http://jonathan.rawle.org/