n00b question - removing packages from Fedora Core 4

Kahn Seidl mkseidl at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 12 16:25:22 UTC 2005

if you want to do it via command line, because its cooler, use this

$rpm -qa | grep packagehere

this will list all the packages containing "packagehere"    but, be a little
generic with package here, and watch for caps.  it is sensitive.  it took me
a long time to unintsall maya because i kept searching for maya and not
Maya.  but, most of it is lowercase.

then to remove the package

$rpm -e packagehere

you enter in the "packagehere" just as rpm -qa displayed it, dont put rpm at
the end.

thanks,
martin