Updating Packages On FC4

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Sun Nov 13 13:44:24 UTC 2005

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005, Michael A. Peters wrote:

> On Sat, 2005-11-12 at 22:59 -0800, Usman S. Ansari wrote:
>> I am trying to update using uptodate and I get e.g.
>>
>> The package xyz_FC4 is not signed with a GPG signature. Continue ?
>>
>> There are many many updates and answering yes for them is not possible.
>> What can I do ?
>
> Are these from the FC4 update repository?
> I've not experienced any official FC4 updates myself that are not
> signed. There are I think a couple packages in the base repo that are
> not signed (they should be) - but every update I have seen in fact has
> been signed.

Probably, the keys are not installed at all on Usman's machine.

 	rpm --import /etc/rpm-gpg/*

Then try again.

That is a misleading way of reporting the error.  It shouldn't say
"package not signed" if the package is signed, it should say "package not
signed with a known key".

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences