video convert AVI <=> wmv

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 05:59:19 UTC 2005

Hi,

I downloaded mplayer-1.0pre8, but there does not seem to be any mencoder....the
man mencoder however seems to indicate that this program should exist.

But this is what I get:

mencoder: Command not found.

what is the path name? I have rehashed before running this command so am
confused...

Any suggestion?
Best wishes.
GT