Printer configuration help request

John Wendel jwendel10 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 15 04:51:17 UTC 2005

Kam Leo wrote:
> On 11/14/05, John Wendel <jwendel10 at comcast.net> wrote:
>

>>Running updated FC3 system.
>>
>>I've got an HP PSC 1210 that works fine when I configure it using CUPS
>>and the HPLIP driver.
>>
>>The problem I'm having is that whenever I turn the printer on, my config
>>is destroyed and some nasty hotplug something installs a non-functional
>>configuration.
>>
>>I need to know how to disable this automatic printer configuration
>>process.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>John
>>

> Try turning off the cups-config-deamon service.

Thanks for the reply, but I don't run the cups-config-daemon.

It looks like something (hald ?) is running the redhat printer
configuration tool. My printer config file gets modified when the system
  boots. I don't start cups or the hplip drivers when the system boots,
I run them whenever I want to print something (about once a month).

Thanks,

John