network card going to sleep????

Timothy A. Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Tue Nov 15 15:47:24 UTC 2005

Hi Folks:

I have a bit of a curious problem here.  I have a Fedora Core 4 P4 HT
box with a Intel Pro/1000 NIC in it that seems to go to sleep at random
times.  If I try to SSH to it, or access the web site that it serves
(it's a snort box and it serves BASE) I get no response, but if I ping
it, I can get it.  I am beginning to wonder if FC4 has some new feature
that is powering down or autosleeping the card or something.  Can
someone suggest a solution or at least where to look

Thanks

TIM

Timothy A. Holmes
IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher

Medina Christian Academy
A Higher Standard...

Jeremiah 33:3
Jeremiah 29:11