frox + browser clients

Stefan Held obi at unixkiste.org
Tue Nov 15 19:16:33 UTC 2005

Am Dienstag, den 15.11.2005, 15:45 +0200 schrieb Gregory Machin:
> Hi all
> Please advise.
> Is it posible for frox to pass throgth ftp request transparently so as
> no have to add user names and ports etc for anonymous ftp sites. from
> wich drivers are downloaded ... the users need to be able to click on
> the links without  having to do anything else ....

You are near the solution by yourself. Transparent Proxy.
You have to install a transparent proxy and have to adjust your outgoing
Firewall to redirect the traffic for outgoing ftp to your Proxy Server.

I am sure if you google for Linux FTP Transparent Proxy you will find
dozens of Howtos.

--
 Stefan Held                    VI has only 2 Modes:
 obi at unixkiste org           The first one is for beeping all the time,