NUT Server not Starting

Chris Spencer gmane.20.evilspam at spamgourmet.com
Wed Nov 16 01:31:12 UTC 2005

After I installed the nut package (Network UPS Tools) I noticed that
upsd isn't properly managed by system-config-services. Checking it won't
start the daemon at boot time, and it's incapable of starting the
deamon. Is this the appropriate behavior or is my configuration
corrupted in some way?

Also, I'm not sure if this is relevant, but when starting upsd manually,
you have to first start all the drivers by running "upsdrvctl start".
Without first running that, upsd won't be able to talk to any machines
and will essentially be useless.

Chris