Problem with partitioning -- How to format hard drive and reinstall Windows?

peter wu pwu95 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 03:59:02 UTC 2005

I have FC3, not FC4. Does it make a difference?

  BTW, I just want to have normal operation on my computer, whether it's  only Windows or dual-boot or only Linux. I can't seem to be able to  'get out' of this operation mode I am in. (That is, I will get GRUB  command, and I do 'rootnoverify (hd0,1); chainloader +1; boot' to get  to Windows, but unable to get to Linux.)

  Thanks, again.

  --peter

Thom Paine <painethom at gmail.com> wrote:  I'm not sure if you can make the disc from a working one. I'm suprised  FC4 doesn't see the SATA drive. The media disc is only useful if you  want to reinstall. I normally reinstall every 4 to 6 months. Sort of on  the schedule with the FC releases. Just makes things run better I find.

--
-=/>Thom  --