digital signature/certificate in open office 2.0

kwhiskers kwhiskers at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 08:07:06 UTC 2005

On 15/11/05, Tony Nelson <tonynelson at georgeanelson.com> wrote:

> RTF is a very versitile format. Many things can be written, not all can be
> read by MSWord (or perhaps even oowriter). You might want to see if
> oowriter can read that signed .rtf file.
> TonyN.:' <mailto:tonynelson at georgeanelson.com>
> ' <http://www.georgeanelson.com/>

When I sign a .odt document and save it as a .rtf, then open office says
document.rtf (signed) in the title bar at the top of the program. When I
then close open office, then reopen it and reload the signed .rtf, there no
longer is a signature. When I then try to add the signature back again, it
says that the document must be saved on .odt format before it can be signed.
This is an endless loop.

When I open the .rtf file in kwrite (you said rtf is simply a text file
format), I get a lot of codes with lots of '\'s, some of my text, more code,
some more text, more code, etc. However, there doesn't appear to be any
indication that some of that code is my digital signature.

--
kwhiskers{