madwifi ath_pci config problems on Sony Vaio - repost

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Wed Nov 16 14:43:24 UTC 2005

Hi folks.

I'm still having problems getting my WLAN to work on my Sony Vaio
PCG-GRT996VP.

I've posted my a log of my session to
http://www.stainburn.com/wireless-session.txt

It looks like the device is configured to some extent because I can
configure it with iwconfig and see it with ifconfig.

However, it doesn't appear to be seeing any signal, or receiving any
packets, even though if I reboot to XP I get an excelent signal
strength and connect to the LAN no problems.

I think the problem may be the IRQ and memory as they differ from those
report in XP, which are IRQ 18 and Memory address ffe60000.

As I posted before, another reason I think it may be a IRQ problem is
that sometimes while I'm playing with this my eth and usb devices stop
working.

Could it be right that the two OS's use different H/W configs?
If not, how can I fix the settings in Linux?

--
Gary Stainburn