clarifications on lcd power savings...

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Wed Nov 16 15:37:46 UTC 2005

     Can anyone clarify a few issues with the power management
settings in xscreensaver? In my experiments with that feature
under FC4, it appears that acpid must be enabled for this to work.
Is that correct? Also, I tried the Standby feature with the Suspend
feature being enabled at the same time. When the Standby kicked in
I saw a blank screen as expected but I also saw the LCD monitor
report a lack of signal. Is this expected? Also should both the
Standby and Suspend events occur at the same time? Having them do
so didn't eliminate the lost of signal alert that appears on the
LCD. Thanks in advance for any clarifications.
                   Jack
ps I had acpid disabled from when I was running FC2 as under that
release the keyboard would lock up every 24 hours or so. Hopefully
those issues are resolved in the latest kernels and FC4 so I can
leave acpid running.