gmplayer problem

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Wed Nov 16 16:29:00 UTC 2005

sujit sugathan wrote:
> hi ,
>   I have a slight problem.i had installed mplayer on my system.I dont
> have any problems with mplayer--- i can play all my vids. but when i try
> to add the gui of mplayer(gmplayer) ,my terminal shows that the gmplayer
> is working but i dont get to see the GUI.Moreover i cannot open any of
> my vids with gmplayer.I had copied the skin files & placed them in the
> /usr/local/share/mplayer/skin folder before trying to do all of the
> above . Can anyone please help me.
>
> bye

I have had issues with accidental mixing of repositories with mplayer
in the past.  It may be related.

Ensure your gmplayer and mplayer both come from the same repository.

My mplayer from Freshrpms includes gmplayer.
mplayer-1.0-0.16.pre7.2.fc4
mplayer-fonts-1.1-3.2.fc4.rf
mplayer-docs-1.0-0.16.pre7.2.fc4