Livna Usability Assessment (Was: Re: cursed nvidia fedora my lack of knowledgeness)

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 17:29:10 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 07:03, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> > > OK - Uncle.

I didn't intend the argument to beat you into submission.

> > > You're right about all of it.

Unfortunately I don't think you actually got the point I was
trying to make.

> > Just one question Christopher: Who do you mean with "you guys"? Les
> > Mikesell is not involved with livna afaik (or did I miss anything
> > here?).
>
> He isn't?...

No I'm not, and I have no objection to changes on the web site.  In
fact I think you are correct that if you start looking there to learn
how to use fedora tools you will be confused.  My point is simply that
livna is not the right place to look to learn how to add new programs
to fedora systems.  It just happens to have a few programs that are not,
due to policy reasons only, in the place you would normally use.

If you make the livna site seem technically different from the core
and extras repositories (a) it won't work because livna doesn't
duplicate things from those repositories that it needs for
dependencies, and (b) the users will be misled if they understand
it at all.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com