OT how to save a macromedia flash file to disk

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Wed Nov 16 16:38:55 UTC 2005

Amadeus W. M. wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 23:10:26 -0500, Amadeus W. M. wrote:
>

>>Is it possible to save this flash video clip to disk, and then view it
>>with some standalone flash player? I don't know of any, but maybe someone
>>on this list does.
>>
>>http://www2.uol.com.br/cbf/videos/site/20051111_1.html
>

> I saved the file both using wget and from firefox using page info, etc,
> and in both cases I get a surprisingly small file (only 14504 bytes), and
> it doesn't play in the browser. It shows a progress barr, as if something
> is loading, but not the actual video.

The above link just loads a WWW page that then loads the file.

http://www2.uol.com.br/cbf/img/confed/videos/cbfplayer.swf

Look at the page source for the file.  Find the actual *.swf file to
save first.  The small file is actually an html file, not a flash file.

I came across this when I was trying to access some online training
videos that were provided by National Instruments.  I have used this
technique many times in the past.

Robin