Livna Usability Assessment (Was: Re: cursed nvidia fedora my lack of knowledgeness)

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 23:15:51 UTC 2005

> At 11:29 AM -0600 11/16/05, Les Mikesell wrote:
> >If you make the livna site seem technically different from the core
> >and extras repositories (a) it won't work because livna doesn't
> >duplicate things from those repositories that it needs for
> >dependencies, and (b) the users will be misled if they understand
> >it at all.
>
> Livna presently /is/ technically different from the Fedora Core and Extra's
> repositories, in that it lacks any directions or a web interface to the
> repository.  If Livna were to copy what Fedora does at
> <http://fedora.redhat.com/download/> the problem would be solved.

I'm missing something... I see nothing at all on that page that
would work or be relevant for livna.  How about:
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/yum/
knowing that livna belongs under item 7:
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/yum/sn-using-repositories.html
but isn't mentioned specifically, perhaps as a matter of the same
policies that keep the contents out of the extras repository.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com