syslogd quesstion

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 17 08:17:25 UTC 2005

Derek Martin wrote:
> If the code is being released without any statement of copyright or
> license, then I believe it can be assumed to be in the public domain.

No. Pretty well all the world has implemented the Berne convention,
which says that copyright is automatic and has to be explicitly
disclaimed if you want to release something into the public domain.

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/categories.html#PublicDomainSoftware
for example.

I probably ought to raise a packaging bug on the RPM...

James.
--
E-mail address: james |  ... more holes in Internet Explorer than
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | Blackburn, Lancashire...