uol.com.br is now banned from this list

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Nov 17 15:14:24 UTC 2005

On Thursday 17 November 2005 09:58, Craig White wrote:
>On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 03:26 -0500, Warren Togami wrote:
>> but I am still receiving those damned petsupermarket bounces
>> immediately upon sending a message to the list.
>>
>> uol.com.br has been a problem here for months.  This is insane.
>
>----
>I suppose the way to definitively solve this issue is to create an smtp
>daemon that tarpits connections from uol.com.br and distribute it to
>enough fedora list users that would bring their smtp servers to it's
>knees within minutes.
>
>Craig

Its not just the rh lists, SA and debian is fussing about them too.
Apparently vz is filtering them as I'm not seeing them, but the tarpit
idea sounds like a pro-active winner to me.  Put them out of business
till they get a new business plan.  I don't have a problem with that,
not that my opinion is worth any more than you paid for it...

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)