NdisWrapper nearly working - was madwifi ath_pci config problems on Sony Vaio

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 18:51:51 UTC 2005

Gary Stainburn <gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk> wrote:[snip]

Has ANYONE got it working with WEP?

Actually, I  have. I'm running FC4 32bit with the latest kernel, ndiswrapper, and  the windows driver that came with the laptop; which is an hp pavilion  zv5440us. It has AMD Athlon 3000+, 512 RAM, 60gig HD, Broadcom 4309  chipset on the internal wifi card.

  It took me a while to get the WEP-128 encryptio w/ Hex key to work. I  build ndiswrapper from source, and use the 4k standard kernel.

  Yes I get the 4k stack warning. I haven't peaked lately, but I use to  get the wireless-tools version 17 warning too. I've thrown a couple  ideas out to James, but I'm no expert and am just hoping, like you,  that some smart guy will reply with the answer for you guys.

  I can check anything else on my system for comparison purposes if it will help, but only after I get home from work tonight.

Shin zen ni rei
-j
Registered Linux user number 403109