ReiserFS Hangs

Eduardo Dela Rosa eduardo.delarosa at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 23:31:31 UTC 2005

Hi List,

I've initialized a box with the following partitions:

Device Mount Point File System Type
/dev/hda1 /boot ext3
/dev/hda2 /dev/shm swap
/dev/hda3 /home reiserfs
/dev/hda4 / etx3

I am running JBoss server and a Java application
which consume messages from outside client. The
messages are being serialized to a file and written
under /home/jboss/message directory.

For some unkown reasons, I couldn't access the ReiserFS
filesystem (/home/jboss) after having the server
running for at least 12 hours.

Listing the `home` directory crashes the terminal,
and even the file browser utility.

Precondition:
=============
I've converted the /home from `ext3` to `reiserfs`
after full installation of FC4 using the reiserfsprogs
downloaded from namesys.com <http://namesys.com> (ver. 3.6.19). I did
compiled
the (tool) source and run `mkreiserfs` on `/dev/hda3`, then
updated the `/etc/fstab` accordingly, and finally `modprobed`
the `reiserfs module` before rebooting the server.

Any ideas from the list are welcomed. Thanks.

--
Eduardo Dela Rosa