NdisWrapper nearly working - was madwifi ath_pci config problems on Sony Vaio

steve stevekram at cox.net
Fri Nov 18 01:40:45 UTC 2005

Rick,

Do D-Link APs (such as the DI-524) actually "manage" wireless devices in
managed mode?  Reason why I ask is because my home network has an FC4
machine with madwifi and wpa_supplicant that can't communicate with the
other wireless (WinXP) machines on the same subnet.  All successfully
connect to the AP using WPA, but I can't get them to even ping another
wireless PC in managed mode.  I thought a wireless AP in managed mode
would retransmit traffic destined for another authenticated wireless
device, but I'm not able to get that behavior out of the DI-524.  Could
you offer some advice?  If I can't get WPA to work, I'll have to regress
down to WEP.

TIA

Steve

Steve Kram