NFS through firewall

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Fri Nov 18 13:10:01 UTC 2005

> Check that all firewalls have been setup to allow UDP. It looks as though TCP is
> being allowed, but UDP is being blocked.
>
> What version of the kernel are you running on the server? It's only registering
> NFS vers 2&3 over UDP, not TCP.
>
> --
> Nigel Wade, System Administrator, Space Plasma Physics Group,
>              University of Leicester, Leicester, LE1 7RH, UK
> E-mail :    nmw at ion.le.ac.uk
> Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555

The guy that runs our firewall says that it's wide open, both tcp and
udp for this server (the client trying to mount). I've asked him to
verify this.

Server running nfs has kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptlsmp.

Any suggestions on how to prove udp is being blocked other than what
I've done already?

Thanks,
James