Problem with /etc/init.d/ldap?

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Fri Nov 18 20:56:10 UTC 2005

I was told to add the following environment variable
to the /etc/sysconfig/ldap file:

KRB5_KTNAME=/etc/openldap/ldap.keytab

The file: /etc/openldap/ldap.keytab
is chmod 640 and chown root:ldap

The script: /etc/init.d/ldap slurps the /etc/sysconfig/ldap
file in to obtain the variable settings which I have verified
that it does, all the way through the script to where the slapd
command is executed via the daemon call.

I as not able to see/get the debug logs from within the daemon
call as to why starting this script behaves differently than
starting slapd directly from the command line.

Dan