Accessing FAT32 from Linux

peter wu pwu95 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 19 07:37:12 UTC 2005

Hi, all,

 I installed Windows XP and created a FAT32 partition following Microsoft's suggestion. (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310525) Basically, I used Disk Management of Windows XP to create a FAT32 partition. After that, I installed Fedora 4 on unused hard drive.

 Now, I can access data in the FAT32 partition from Windows XP (NTFS); however, I cannot access data from Fedora. When I used PartitionMagic to make a FAT32 partition, I was able to access it from Linux. (Because PartitionMagic somehow screwed up partition table while doing some modification to my dual-boot system, I had to reinstall Windows XP and tried Microsoft's way instead to partition this time.) What did I possibly do wrong?

 Thanks for your help, in advance.

 --peter