[SOLVED]Re: Microphone not working

Antonio Montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Sat Nov 19 21:36:59 UTC 2005

Antonio Montagnani ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on
19/11/2005 20:58:

> I am running fully updated Fedora Core 4 with latest kernel
> I installed Skype and during the echo test I realized that microphone
> was not working, so I installed Audacity and when it start I get an
> error during i/o initialization suggesting that I could have some
> problems in hearing or recording.Host error
>
> When I start recording I get an error of opening the input device
> (please check the device options and sampling frequency)
> Furtermore in audacity in Preferences I cannot choose anything in
> audio I/O playback or recording.
> My sound card is recognized as an Intel 82801EB/ER(ICH5/ICH5R) Ac'97
> Audio Controller and slides are on...
> Playback with other application (also Skype) is fine (Mp3 are o.k.,
> streaming is o.k), I changed also the microphone.
>
> Any Hint????

It seems o.k, I had to play with the many (too many??) options of the
audio control menu, the microphone alone is not enough,  and now it
works (Skype and Audacity seems o.k.)

--
 Antonio
Mail by Thunderbird 1.0.7 - Websurfing by Firefox 1.0.7