firewall problem in FC3

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Nov 20 02:29:41 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 12:49 -0800, Dave Stevens wrote:
> In investigating this issue I see that it is necessary that this port
> be forwarded appropriately. I don't understand port forwarding.

Merely allowing a port into your router just allows it *to* the router.
You want to forward it *through* to a computer on the other side.

Even if you only have one computer behind it, you still need to
configure the router to forward through to the right address.

Consult the manual for your router, it ought to explain.

I read messages from the public lists.