Custom DSDT in FC3

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Nov 20 18:19:21 UTC 2005

Am Sonntag, den 20.11.2005, 17:28 +0000 schrieb Andy Green:
> wwp wrote:
>
> > do recent FC3 kernels allow using custom DSDT w/o recompiling the kernel
> > (injecting the custom compiled dsdt in initrd file for instance)?
>
> I don't believe so, and from a recent discussion on the -devel list, it
> is unlikely to happen

Correct afaics

>  on grounds of causing support problems.

Yes, but upstream (e.g. acpi-devel) also does not want it. See:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=9175150

The only way to get this into the fedora-kernel afaics is to convince
the Kernel-ACPI-Maintainers to integrate such a patch into the standard
kernel. Then Fedora Core will pick it up and might even enable it.