Starting a VPN connection

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 21:09:48 UTC 2005

On 11/20/05, Paul Smith <phhs80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I do not know where from you can get the keys, but it is safe to
> install them without keys.
>
> Paul

I installed without the keys. No biggie.

I can't figure out how to get it to authorize with MS-CHAP. I have
checked "Require Microsoft point-to-point Encryption" under the
encryption menu. This is the output:

Using interface ppp1pptpconfig: monitoring interface ppp1
Connect: ppp1 <--> /dev/pts/2
Warning - secret file /etc/ppp/pap-secrets has world and/or group access
Warning - secret file /etc/ppp/pap-secrets has world and/or group access
PAP authentication succeeded
MPPE required, but MS-CHAP[v2] auth not performed.
Connection terminated.
pptpconfig: pppd process terminated by signal 10 (failed)
pptpconfig: SIGUSR1

I'm sorry to ask for the hand-holding. There just doesn't seem to be
any information on this available. When I get this working, I'll piece
together a howto on the subject. In the meantime, how do I get it to
authenticate with MS-CRAP?

Dotan Cohen
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/biography/19/adams_bryan.php
Adams, Bryan Song Lyrics and Biography