lame yum grip

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Mon Nov 21 05:29:34 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 00:16 -0500, THUFIR HAWAT wrote:
> On 11/20/05, Michael A. Peters <mpeters at mac.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 19:38 -0500, THUFIR HAWAT wrote:
> >
> > > Error Downloading Packages:
> ..
> > Sorry to hear that - hopefully the issue will be resolved.
>
> Yeh, it was just temporary.
>
> However, I can't (so far) get grip to work with LAME.
>
> ..
> > What I currently do - I use cdparanoia to rip to wav.
> > I then create a : deliminated text file that has the meta data I want -
> > and I run a shell script that takes the wav file and creates both flac
> > and mp3 files that are tagged.
> ..
>
> do you keep a database of the singer, songwriter, etc?

No - just a text file

artist:album:genre:track:year:title:

or something like that - I keep the text file in the same directory
where I store the flac files so I can edit it and decode/encode again
when I discover a mistake.

A database would be nice, it could include lyrics, composer, etc. that
could then be fetched even if it isn't in the tags - but I currently
don't use a database.