Cron.daily not working

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Mon Nov 21 07:53:55 UTC 2005

Gregory Machin wrote:
> if you exicute the script from the command line, it does not require any
> input, or interaction. and leave you at a command prompt. the other thing is
> there is no mail from cron it indicate a problem ...

Do you get anything logged in /var/log/cron when the script
is started?

>>Does the script include full path to the programs that
>>are started?

Have you checked this? I.e. in the script, you should have

/usr/bin/whatever bla bla bla

and not

whatever bla bla bla

because you cannot be sure that /usr/bin is in the path.

Mogens
Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk