Installing a newer version of gcc

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 08:41:23 UTC 2005

On 11/21/05, Mark Jordan <mark.theexile at gmail.com> wrote:

> hey guys (and gals)
>
> I was trying to install kdewebdevs and quanta+ when the configure
> script said that my version of gcc was blacklisted as it compiled
> kdewebdev wrongly. How can i go about removing my current version of
> gcc, and where is it stored? many thanks as the gcc docs are very
> confusing.
>
> Mark

Are you certain that you need a newer version of gcc? It is possible that
you have the latest released version and that you need to install an older
version in order to compile these applications. Running the following from
the command line will tell you what you currently have installed:

$ rpm -qa | grep gcc

Once you know search for how to install two concurrent versions of gcc.