Installing FC4 on USB drive (newbie)

gary garys at mtaonline.net
Mon Nov 21 08:53:23 UTC 2005

 n Mon, 2005-11-21 at 07:43 +0100, Jenz Nilsson wrote:
> Yes fc4 is my only and will be mine my only os on that disk
>
> //Jen

The most simple way I know to install fc4 to a usb disk is:
1. unplug all other hardrives.
2.make sure the bios is set to boot your usb drive.
3. Insert your installation cd.
3.allow the installation program to automatically partition the disk.
4.allow grub to automatically install to your usb disk.
   ( much more likely since you've already disconnected any other
hardrives)
5. When fc4 is installed reconnect any other hardrives and use your bios
   to determine which disk you wish to boot.

This approach should hopefully allow an easy install.
                   --gary