Can't enable CTL under OO 2.0/FC4

Gilboa Davara gilboada at netvision.net.il
Mon Nov 21 10:42:13 UTC 2005

Hello all,
I'm trying to enable CTL and Hebrew support on OO 2.0 running on
FC4/i386. (To get the Hebrew spell-check working)
However, while the "Enabled for CTL" option (under Options->Languages
settings->Languages) is available and can be selected, it has no effect,
and the CTL option under "Default language for documents" is grayed out
and with a little lock icon beside of it.
I tried deleting the ~.openoffice.org2.0 configuration storage but it
didn't help.
I can see the Hebrew dictionary
under /usr/lib/openoffice.org2.0/share/dict/ooo (both he_IL.aff and
he_IL.dic) but somehow I can't seem to enable them. (Both as user and as
root)
I should add that the English spell checker works just fine.

I should further point out that I've installed OO 2.0 on a number of
i386/x86-64 FC4 machines, but I never encountered this problem.

Installed packages:
rpm -qa | grep openoffice
openoffice.org-draw-2.0.0-3.2.1
openoffice.org-writer-2.0.0-3.2.1
openoffice.org-graphicfilter-2.0.0-3.2.1
openoffice.org-impress-2.0.0-3.2.1
openoffice.org-xsltfilter-2.0.0-3.2.1
openoffice.org-core-2.0.0-3.2.1
openoffice.org-math-2.0.0-3.2.1
openoffice.org-langpack-he_IL-2.0.0-3.2.1
openoffice.org-calc-2.0.0-3.2.1
openoffice.org-javafilter-2.0.0-3.2.1

Help?
What am I missing?