Root user questions

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Mon Nov 21 16:11:33 UTC 2005

Hi Folks,

1) I can remote VNC as root user which is not recommended, but if I
remote VNC as a normal user, I cannot seem to be able to su as root.
Do I have to add my normal user name to a list somewhere in order
to have rights to su as root?

2) When I remote VNC as a normal user I notice that my sound system
is disabled or is not available.  If I remote VNC as root however, I can.
Why?

Thanks!
Dan