Toshiba laptop sound

Ingemar Nilsson init at pdc.kth.se
Mon Nov 21 19:42:21 UTC 2005

"Darryl L. Pierce" <mcpierce at gmail.com> writes:

> Cool, thanks. Someone else sent me the same suggestion in email. I'll
> try when I get home. :D

Another tip: If you do not find the external amplifier setting, try
connecting a pair of headphones and check whether sound is coming through
them. If it does, but not from your speakers, then the external amplifier
must be turned on, which you can do in the Volume Control program (in
GNOME).

I know I'm repeating previously mentioned facts, but I ran without sound
for 3-4 months just thinking that it might be broken in Linux, so I think
it's worth mentioning.

Regards
Ingemar